Good news for our overseas Filipino workers or OFWs in Saudi.
The Philippine Consulate General in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia will be having a Consular Mobile Services (CMS) for overseas Filipino workers or OFWs in Jizan and nearby areas.
A team from the PCG will be conducting CMS at the Adnan Hotel on September 3, 2016 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Services available for the OFWs will be:
- Passport renewal and extension
- Endorsement for Police Clearance
- Report of Birth
- Labor Assistance
- SSS services
- PAG-IBIG services
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) with machine readable passports (passport number starting with “XX”) and green passports need to submit the following documents for renewal:
- Actual passports
- Original Birth Certificate of the OFW issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (NSO)
- At least one (1) valid identification document (SSS ID, Philippine Driver’s License, Voter’s ID, PRC ID etc.)
- Other supporting document as necessary (ie. Authenticated Marriage Certificate if OFW is married and using married surname)
OFWs can call the Consular’s hotline 0555219614 or the Consulate’s Area Coordinator, Ms. Rose Camacho through mobile number 0502712243 for any questions or clarifications about CMS.
Published in: Uncategorized
The Philippine Consulate General in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia announced that the Social Security System (SSS) office will be open on all Saturdays of September, 2016. SSS officers will assists overseas Filipino workers who would settle their past-due loans.
Overseas Filipino workers or OFWs will received support from the Ministry of Labor in Saudi Arabia as ordered by the king.
Department of Labor and Employment Secretary Silvestre Bello III said King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia instructed the Ministry of Labor to give assistance to the more than 11,000 jobless OFWs affected by the crisis in Gulf states.
Among the support to be given are:
- Waiver of immigration penalties due to expired working visas
- Plane fares for OFWs returning to the Philippines
- Food aid
- Re-employment assistance for OFWs who wants to work in other companies
- Legal assistance to money claims
Oman revised its rule with their multiple entry visa by stretching validity to three months instead of three weeks.
Oman extended multiple entry visa validity
Multiple entry visa holder can now return to the Sultanate for two three-month periods within a year.
Oman officials said this move will help investors and tourists have more time to roam the country and spend their money, generating more income for the sultanate.
Citizens of 30 countries including United Kingdom, most of central Europe, Ireland and parts of eastern Europe are eligible for the new visa rule. However, India, Bangladesh and Philippines’ residents are required to have a sponsor in Oman before they can apply for the new extended visa.