The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) warned against falling for recruiters promising jobs in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.
Overseas Pinoy workers were reminded against falling for supposed job offers to troubled countries.
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) recommended the immediate suspension of overseas voters registration in five areas considered hotspots.
The DFA had also recommended the suspension of registration in Libya, Ukraine, and the Gaza Strip.
The Department of Labor and Employment also imposed a total ban on the deployment of OFWs to Afghanistan, on which the DFA had placed Alert Level 3 (voluntary repatriation).
The agency said Afghanistan has been experiencing tension following the presidential elections last June 14.
The deployment ban on new hires for Afghanistan issued on December 17, 2007 is still in effect.
Covered by the ban imposed by the POEA Governing Board are returning/vacationing overseas Filipino workers bound for Afghanistan.
Visit this link for more overseas jobs: www.workabroad.ph
When it comes to Filipino food, Panga’s Bulalo and Laing Restaurant is the place to be. Cynthia Panga, a former household service worker is now a business woman and the owner of the said restaurant in Salalah, Oman.
Pangan’s luck in the food business began when her former Omani employer offered her the chance to manage a restaurant.
“Five years naging katulong ako, nag-part time ako ng seven months. After that, may nakilala ako, amo ko. Nag-offer siya sa akin. Offeran kita, kaya mo bang mag-manage ng restaurant?” she said.
Panga has been in Oman for 22 years, single-handedly providing for her three children after her husband left them. She accepted the offer even though she did not have any background in running that kind of business.
That decision proved to be the best as her luck started coming in and she was able to start her very own restaurant business. She is also sharing the blessings by providing jobs in her business to relatives and other Pinoys.
She still finds time to support to the Filipino community. The restaurant also enabled Pangan to send her children to school, save, and invest in properties in the Philippines.
See and apply to service and domestic jobs at: www.workabroad.ph posted by POEA-licensed agencies.
Senate President Pro-Tempore Ralph Recto asked for an increase in the emergency funds for distressed overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in the 2015 national budget. He said this emergency assistance fund should be raised to at least P1 billion. Recto said, the proposed 2015 budget of P537 million for the assistance of Filipinos in distress abroad is grossly inadequate in light of unstable conditions in strife-vulnerable countries which could anytime trigger the evacuation of Filipinos. The million fund in the proposed budget next year were divided in three programs namely Assistance to Nationals Fund (ATF) under the Department of Foreign Affairs with a proposed budget of P350 million, Welfare Services to OFWs (P187.7 million), and Emergency Repatriation Program (P50 million) under the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). The amount, he said, is a drop in the bucket or one-tenth of one percent of the P1.115 trillion pesos that overseas Filipinos remitted through formal channel last year. Funds which can be tapped to assist an estimated 10 million Filipino nationals abroad are lodged in three items in the proposed P2.6 trillion national budget for next year.
His statement came amid the Philippine government’s efforts to repatriate the more than 13,000 Filipinos in strife-torn Libya – a massive undertaking that Recto said could drain the DFA’s ATF.
DFA to OFWs in Libya: Go Home Now!
Government to Help Filipinos from Libya Find Jobs
The separation 10 years ago of conjoined twins from the Philippines wasn’t perfect, but the boys’ mother says their survival is reason enough to celebrate the anniversary.
One twin dances to Michael Jackson tunes and uses an iPad, plays video games. The other has significant, possibly permanent, problems walking and talking.
The boys, now 12, were born joined at the top of their heads, unable to sit up, stand straight, eat normally or see each other.
Their case was accepted by the Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center in New York City. Carl and Clarence Aguirre were separated on August 4, 2004.
The boys shared a bridge of brain, 5 or 6 centimeters long, which had to be divided.
The lead surgeon, Dr. James Goodrich said that there was some degeneration of Carl’s right parietal lob, which controls the left side. The boy suffered seizures, now controlled with medication, and has limited use of his left arm and leg.
He uses a wheelchair and leg braces, and there’s hope he’ll eventually be able to walk on his own, though Goodrich doubts there will be a full recovery.
Arlene Aguirre said her son can utter just a word or two at a time, such as “thank you” and “bye.” Carl spends the school day in classes for kids with multiple disabilities and gets occupational, physical and speech therapy.
She said, Clarence, who can be difficult to understand when he speaks, also get some special instruction in communication. But unlike his brother, he is an attention-seeking pre-teen who leaps up to high-five visitors and is quick to show them his favorite video games.
Both boys wear helmets to protect their skulls. Once they’re fully grown, the skulls will be patched.
They have not been back to their hometown of Salay, Misamis Oriental and Arlene said she misses her family. The family lives in the U.S. on a medical visa. Arlene Aguirre said she hopes that she and her sons can eventually become American citizens.
As a single mother, she is getting easier as the boys grow up in their white house behind a picket fence off a busy road. She has a support network of friends who come on weekends to stay with the boys while she buys groceries and runs errands.
The government of Oman has put in place controls in the employment of foreign workers as it freezes the entry of expats, including Filipinos, who previously worked in the Sultanate.
The Philippine Embassy in Muscat has reported that Oman is issuing employment visas only to expat workers who have stayed out of the country for at least two years from the date of their last departure, effective on July 1, 2014.
POEA Administrator Hans Leo J. Cacdac said that an expat worker who has not completed two years after departure but was called to rejoin the same company is not covered by the ban. He clarified that the policy only affects foreign workers who have finished their previous contract and went home with the intention of going back to Oman to work for another employer.
The Omani government also imposed a ban on employment visa transfers for foreign workers who have not completed two years of their work contract with their company.
The prohibition on employment visa transfer took effect last June 1, 2014. Workers may request a NOC or “No objection certificate” from their employer that would legally allow them to transfer to another company.
job openings Philippines
jobs in australia
jobs in canada
jobs with no placement fee
mobile passport service
new zealand jobs
no placement fee
ofws in saudi
us embassy manila
work in usa