The Bagong Bayani Awards that aims to honor and recognize exemplary overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) for their contributions to the Philippine society is now ready to accept applications. The Bagong Bayani Awards that started in 2005 has five (5) award categories. The highest honor is the Blas F. Ople Award para sa Natatanging Bagong Bayani, which is given to an OFW deemed as the most outstanding and exemplary and satisfies all the requirements of other awards criteria.
The five (5) categories are:
1. Bagong Bayani Award for Outstanding Employee
2. Bagong Bayani Award for Community and Social Service
3. Bagong Bayani Award for Culture and the Arts
4. Capt. Gregorio S. Oca Achievement Award
5. Blas F. Ople Award para sa Natatanging Bagong Bayani
Who may nominate?
Nominations may be made either by: the employer, the deploying recruitment or placement agency, industry associations, co-worker/s; or other reputable individuals or institutions.
Deadline of Sending Nominations: August 31, 2013