Overseas Jobs, Jobs Abroad, Pinoys Abroad
Feed Burner

What To Do In Case of Employment Contract Substitution

Question: What shall I do if the recruitment agency asked me to sign a different contract from the first contract I signed?  Is this legal?

DOLE Answer: It depends. This is called contract substitution, which is legal if the terms and conditions of the new contract are superior to the first contract. Otherwise, if the new contract is less beneficial to you, that is illegal.

If the recruiter forces you to sign an inferior contract before you leave the country, be sure to get a copy and file a complaint at the POEA Anti-Illegal Recruitment Branch, or call the POEA Hotline at 722-1144 or 722-1155.

If this happens at the airport before your flight, immediately inform the Labor Assistance Center found in all international airports or any security personnel in the vicinity.

This is an excerpt from a handbook provided by the Department of Labor and Employment entitled, “Employment Guide to Students and Jobseekers.” The said handbook that contains useful information for Filipino job-hunters can be downloaded here:

DOLE’s “Employment Guide to Students and Jobseekers” :
Free Download

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like this post, you may also want to subscribe to us via your email

To be updated on job opportunities for  OFWs and news concerning OFWs. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Do you have an article or blog post you want to share or an OFW-related event you want to promote? We would be glad to see your messages and contributions. Do leave us a note at blog@ofwabroad.com or to email@workabroad.ph
Published in: OFW Tips and Guides
  • Bulalord

    daming nangyayari ganyan papuntang saudi. di pa nasusunod yung salary na nakasaad sa contrata. minsan sa airport ka papapirmahin ng agency pagpaalis na para di na mabasa yung contrata.

Overseas Jobs - OFW Guide - Seaman Jobs - Nursing Guide