With the news of Donald Trump being the new President Elect, many are upset with the results of this election. For Filipinos working abroad in the United States, this has some particular ramifications. It is no secret that Trump is very much anti-immigration, as well as very racist. He has been known to say incredibly racist and untrue things about Filipinos and would have them banned from entering the United States in the future. This combination could have a negative impact on the futures of Filipino workers in the Unites State of America, as well as their families. Many are considering moving to Canada, with the Canadian website for immigration crashing earlier today due to extreme web traffic that the site could not support.
As a Filipino worker, residing in America –you may have some tough decisions ahead of you when it comes to assessing your future as a working in the USA. However, for today you may be in shock or denial about the outcome of the election and may want to retreat and not engage with the issues for the moment. This is totally normal as this election result has changed a lot. If for today you want to try to distract yourself from this nightmare, here are three suggestions.
Play online casino games
If you want to escape the chaos of the election results, I do not blame you. One good way to keep yourself busy and distracted is by playing Royal Vegas online casino games. With over 700 great games to choose from, you can play for hours on end and not have to deal with the less than ideal reality! Games offered include poker, blackjack, slots, roulette as well as casual games like Keno and Bingo. You will also receive a new player welcome bonus of $1200, which can really help you win more money than you would have won without it.
Watch a happy and funny movie
Sometimes a happy and funny movie that you really enjoy can be the trick to forgetting about the terrible things we hear in the news. Having a good laugh can really raise your mood and the general state of morale. Grab a bowl of comforting popcorn and sit back and relax. Good ideas for happy and funny movies include Anchorman, Zoolander, Little Miss Sunshine, The Hangover, and Wedding Crashers.
Do something fun with your family
In a time where a man so hateful has been elected to one of the world’s highest offices, it is a good idea to spend some quality time and do something fun with your family. Whether you go for a walk to the park or read stories to your kids tonight –try to do something fun to keep your mind occupied from everything that has just happened.
Hopefully, these three suggestions of activities to keep you distracted from the election results are helpful and provide some solace in this incredibly uncertain and difficult time we are now living in.
Steps how OFWs can renew their NBI clearance abroad.
Overseas Filipino workers abroad do not need to return to the Philippines to renew their NBI clearance. OFWs can head to the Philippine Embassy/Consulate of their present location and follow these steps:
- OFW applicants who were previously issued NBI Clearance Certificates dated 2011 and beyond will have their Certificates authenticated first by the Information and Communication Technology Division (ICTD).
- Together with the above, the OFW should attach a 2×2 picture taken within three (3) months before application, photocopy of passport or valid Identification Card issued by the country of residence abroad and two hundred pesos (P200.00) in money order or bank draft addressed to the NBI Director.
- OFW should send the documents to:
Ms. SANDRA P. SOBIDAMailed Clearance Section
3rd Floor, NBI Clearance Bldg.,
UN Avenue, Ermita, ManilaShould a relative hand-carry the documents, a Letter of Authorization is required.
- Other than the instructions above, applicants are also required to register online at www.nbi-clearance.com. The applicant will sign-up and sign-in to fill out all the personal information thereat until a reference number appears on the screen.The OFW must copy this reference number which will serve as the NBI Code in the retrieval of the encoded data and verification of the status of the application.
- However, if the renewal was issued from 2014 to present and there is no correction in the name, place, and date of birth, the applicant need not register online.All requirements mentioned in Item No. 2 together with the Certificate dated 2014 to present to be sent to the above-mentioned address.
- Processing of applications will take a maximum of five (5) days upon receipt of documents.
- Upon receipt of Clearance Certificate, the OFW should examine it for the presence of embossed NBI dry-seal. Affix right thumb-mark on the space provided for.
Track your application process at the NBI’s website using your reference number.
Published in: Uncategorized
Good news to all overseas Filipino workers!
OFWs can now avail up to 2 million pesos loan through a joint project from the Department of Trade and Industry or DTI and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
A memorandum of understanding (MOU) were signed between DTI and OWWA for the Enterprise Development and Loan Program (EDLP) which will assist OFWs when they return to the country through the form of entrepreneurship.
Repatriated OFWs were the main beneficiary of EDLP which will help then venture into small business.
EDLP, formerly known as the OFW Reintegration Program, seeks to help OFWs and their families who intend to venture into micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) build their own businesses.
DTI-Regional Operations Group (ROG) Undersecretary Zenaida Maglaya said the partnership came at a good time as some OFWs, especially from the Saudi Arabia, have recently been retrenched because of oil crisis.
On the other hand, OWWA Administrator Rebecca Calzado said the EDLP is the most important part of the social preparation for OFWs upon their return to the Philippines.
OWWA will be responsible for the promotion of the MSMEs as part of the entrepreneurship development component of its Reintegration Program for OFWs. Aside from that, it will also organize entrepreneurship development training, refer prospective OFW- investors to DTI and offer its business loan program for expansion or start-ups done by OFWs.
The DTI will package priority MSME business models to be offered to prospective OFW-entrepreneurs and investors, and provide resource persons for OWWA-organized entrepreneurship development trainings and related activities.
The Philippine Social Security System or SSS is a social insurance program for private company employees and self-employed Filipinos in the Philippines. It provides retirement and health benefits to its members, aside from the loans available.
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) is entitled to be an SSS member and has the privilege to avail the Direct Housing Loan Facility which aims to provide socialized and low-cost housing for them.
To apply for a housing loan, an OFW must know if he or she is a qualified OFW. How? SSS defines an OFW as a private sector worker who is:
- currently deployed with a contract processed through the POEA or authenticated by the Embassy abroad.
- with employment contracts awaiting renewal/deployment
- a Filipino national but who is now a citizen or immigrant of a foreign countries but is interested in buying a housing unit for his family who is still in the country.
- a long-term resident overseas Filipinos who wish to avail of housing packages either for themselves when they retire or when they visit the Philippines and/or for their extended families.
OFWs who fit under these conditions should also be a member of SSS to be able to apply for a housing loan. The OFW must meet the following requirements:
- Member should be a certified Overseas Filipino Worker.
- A voluntary OFW member of SSS.
- Has at least 36 months contribution and 24 continuous contributions in the period prior to the application.
- The OFW is not more than 60 years old at the time of application and must be insurable. Members who are aged 60 years at the time of application will have a maximum loan term of 5 years.
- OFW was not previously granted an SSS housing loan.
- Has not been granted a final SSS benefits.
- OFW borrower and spouse is updated in the payment of their SSS loan(s), if any
The housing loan applied for will be approved after meticulous screening and if the purpose is:
- construction of a new house or dwelling unit on a lot owned by the applicant free from lien/encumbrances
- purchase of a lot and construction thereon of a new house or dwelling unit
- purchase on existing residential unit which may be a house and lot, a condominium unit or a townhouse.
Upon completion of the needed documents, an OFW may file the housing loan application at the nearest SSS cluster branch or at the Housing and Business Loan Department, 5th Floor, SSS Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City.
Aspiring overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) were warned by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) about a new online scam that offers fake employment to Canada, Mexico and Europe.
POEA Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac announced in an advisory that Omegal Manpower Services Limited, the recruitment agency offering the overseas job through e-mail in exchange for a placement fee, is illegitimate and does not exist.
Cacdac also added that overseas job applicants should ignore unsolicited emails that offer jobs in hotels and hospitals but requires to pay fees for testing, interview and language seminar or visa orientation.
He also encouraged aspiring OFWs to check with POEA if the recruitment agency they’re dealing with is legal or licensed to avoid being victims of illegal schemes.
Overseas Filipino workers were asked to validate first the authenticity of job offers through POEA’s website, mobile application or telephone hotlines at 722-1144 and 722-1155.
job openings Philippines
jobs in australia
jobs in canada
jobs with no placement fee
mobile passport service
no placement fee
ofws in hong kong
ofws in saudi
work in usa